Welcome to Elgin Church of God
Where Everybody is Somebody and Jesus is Lord!
Prayer and worship form the basis of Elgin Church of God. We offer a range of services and opportunities to participate. Our calendar includes time allotted for prayer, sermons, as well as guided Bible study.
10:00 am - Sunday School
11:00 am - Morning Worship
Women's Discipleship Ministry meetings are held once per quarter on Sunday evenings at 4:30 pm (subject to change).
Wednesday Night Service
7:00 pm - Family Training Hour (Bible Study)
Children's Church is also held during the Wednesday evening service.
6:30 pm - Prayer Service
(Third Thursday each month)
Declaration of Faith
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word and by the Holy Ghost.
7. Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
12. In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Arizona DeVane is a native of Ivanhoe, North Carolina. After graduating from high school in 1974, he joined the Army, and shortly thereafter married his high school sweetheart, Annette, in December 1974. Together, they built a family with a son and a daughter.
In 1990, Arizona gave his life to the Lord at Peden Gospel Worship service, in Wertheim, Germany. As his faith deepened he found a strong connection to church leadership. In 1998, while attending Dentsville Church of God, in Columbia, South Carolina, Arizona embraced his divine calling, answering the beckoning to become an ordained minister. His dedication and passion for spiritual guidance were evident, and he soon assumed the role of Assistant Pastor, fervently supporting and nurturing the congregation in their spiritual growth.
As his spiritual journey continued to unfold, Arizona’s exemplary leadership and devotion to his faith led him to the position of ordained bishop in 2005. This recognition of his spiritual wisdom and commitment of the church community further reinforced his sense of purpose and fueled his determination to serve the people around him. In August of the same year, Bishop Arizona DeVane undertook a new chapter of his ministry, accepting the role as pastor at Elgin Church of God. This moment marked the beginning of a profound and fulfilling phase of his spiritual leadership, where he has been devotedly serving and tending to the spiritual needs of his congregation.
In addition to his pastoral duties, Bishop DeVane has been actively engaged in mission service, dedicating his time and efforts to the South Carolina Church of God Mission’s Board. His commitment to spreading the message of faith and compassion to communities in need has been remarkable. He is currently serving his second appointment on the Mission’s Board, and through this commitment continues to demonstrate a profound understanding of the importance of global outreach and the transformative power of faith. His unwavering dedication to serving others has touched countless lives, making a significant impact both locally and beyond.
A Message From Our First Lady
My name is Annette DeVane, I am the First Lady and minister @ ECOG. I am also a wife and mother of two; and I love the Lord with all of my heart, mind, body, and soul. My heart is to minister through the word of God to the body of God’s people…especially women.
I was raised in a small rural town in the state of NC in a family of 7 brothers and sisters. Not realizing where my life would take me, I went to church only because my mother told me to. I knew of God but did not know him. I married and traveled with my active duty military husband. We moved to Germany, and little did I know that our time there would be when I would really get to know the Lord. In 1989, I had an encounter with the Lord just like Saul did on the road of Damascus. This experience changed my life forever. In 1994 I accepted my calling into the ministry to preach God’s word. In May of 1997, I received a BA degree in Biblical Studies through Truth Bible College & Seminary. After going through the MIP program in 2005, I received my ordination license under the denomination of The Church of God. I have ministered in some local churches, and always have an outlet to minister the word of God in my home church under the pastoral leadership of my husband, Bishop Arizona DeVane. I served on the South Carolina Church of God State Women's Board under the leadership of Cathy Gillum from 2012 until 2016. I was reappointed to the board under the leadership of Wanda Rabon in 2019 and am presently serving.
The Women’s Discipleship of ECOG meets once every quarter, for a time of fun, fellowship and a time of studying the word of God. Come on out and join us! Please feel free to contact me at:
Love in Christ,